Monday, November 22, 2010

Dee Luvs: Black Friday

On what other day in America can you buy a three dollar appliance?
The whole idea of Black Friday is so beautiful.  Every store opens early and people line up around the block to get the best deals. Sure,  it might be an example of consumerism and materialism and blah blah blah. But hey its FUN!
Great story from last year: Target had those digital picture frame things on sale for $19.99! Amazing right? and I knew my grandparents would love it. So we got up super early (not early enough though because we were near the end of the line) and waited. BAM! when the doors opened I went straight to the electronics section. I looked to my left and began to panic, some blond chick was headed toward the display. There was only one left! It was like a horse race, dee's in the front, now blond chick, dee's gaining on her....Finally quick and agile as a ninja I snapped up the last one and did a happy dance! WOOOO! Dee-1 Blond-0! My first Black Friday fight and I won! Plus I'm definitely the favorite grand-kid now. Go Me!
I love Black Friday because:
-fun techy gadgets at a low price
-IHOP has free coffee
-awesome way to work off all that turkey and pumpkin pie
The deals are great this year too. Buy a Wii at Walmart and get a 50$ gift card, the famous three dollar toaster is back, and blu rays are only $99- not to mention the doorbusters.
Sure, online you can find good deals, and CyberMonday is getting to be more and more popular, but there's something to be said for getting up at dawn, bundling up in all your winter gear and shopping with all your friends and family.
So... set your clock, wake up your hubby to babysit and break out the credit card!
My Tips:
-check adds the day before
-make a plan
-leave the kids at home---they only add extra weight
-bundle up, but right before they open the doors have someone run the coats to the car, you wanna be able to move in there. trust me
For more Black Friday info and tips check out my YouTube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/xoxodeestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment