Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dee Hates: Technology!

First off, let me just say I'm not retarded. I know that you don't have to shout because its long distance and I don't say "the twitter" or think that anyone uses Myspace anymore. In fact, I find myself pretty tech-savvy. I'm no Bill Gates, but I can operate a computer, smartphone, i(insert over-priced gadget here), and work cable and HD. So maybe it's not that I hate technology, I just hate it when all these new gadgets come with one million strings attached. I'll give you an example:
 As ya'll know I got my parents a Blu-ray for Christmas. This all started with Netflix.
So I see the commercial, "stream movies instantly to your TV" Okay good enough. I accept.---oh wait btw you need a Blu-ray.
Fine. I'll buy this lovely one for 59.99---oh and by Blu-ray we mean a fancy expensive one with WiFi buit in
Fine. I'll take this one for 89.99---btw do you have a HDMI cord?
Fine. I'll buy this one for 10.99---also, you need to have a router so the internet signal is all over your house
FINE! TAKE ALL THE MONEY I HAVE!!!
I mean WTH. All I wanted to do was watch Arrested Development! These techy boys make it seem so simple when really there are one million things you have to have/do/buy to make their little gadgets work.
I mean when you look at all the little catches and conditions technology hasn't come that far.
Just sayin'
xoxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment